Cocaine Addiction Treatment in Hackensack
The National Institute on Drug Addiction (NIDA) support programs that provide education and effective treatment for cocaine addiction. By helping addicts and their loved ones to understand what drives use of cocaine in the first place can go a long way in helping some to avoid becoming a victim of the vicious cycles of cocaine addiction. Based on research supported by the National Institute on Drug Abuse the following factors were identified that offer an explanation as to why cocaine addiction may be so prevalent.
- Genetic predisposition is 50% risk factor for addiction.
- Poor coping skills for dealing with stressful life situations such as loss of a job or a loved one through death, divorce or separation, etc.
- Environmental issues such as peer pressure, accessibility to drugs and living and socializing with others that favor cocaine use.
- Family dynamics such as low parental supervision or discipline, abuse, poor family communication and frequent conflicts within the family unit.
- Frequent exposure to cocaine also alter genes that cause changes in a specific brain protein levels.
- Having an underlying mental illness such as depression, bipolar disorder or post-traumatic stress disorder.
- Thrill seeking and the desire for new experiences or to fit in.
If you are struggling with drug dependence, programs for cocaine addiction treatment in Hackensack are available. For help and treatment information and facilities, contact drug treatment centers in Hackensack.
Additional risk factors associated with long term cocaine abuse such as Hepatitis C and HIV has the potential to cause permanent damage and death in some cases. Prenatal cocaine exposure also pose a significant risk on the unborn fetus that is not yet fully understood. Scientists however, have documented that babies of women who abuse cocaine during pregnancy are typically premature with low birth weight, shorter in length and has smaller head circumferences.
Cocaine Addiction Treatment Strategies
Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy (CBT) augmented by other intervention protocols present the most effective treatment strategies for cocaine addiction. CBT is successful because it addresses maladaptive behavioral patterns that drive cocaine abuse. Research also shows that patients who receive CBT as part of a comprehensive treatment regimen are better able to retain the skills gained through the CBT program. The ultimate goal of every treatment program for cocaine addiction is to help the patient to stop the progression of the disease and prevent relapse events from occurring.
It is possible to overcome cocaine addiction through specialized treatment. If you or a loved one is battling cocaine addiction contact drug rehab centers in Hackensack today. Call(201) 334-0998 to learn more about customized recovery programs and treatment centers available to meet your needs.